Old October 2nd 08, 03:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SheerSibes

Default Device Monitor Appliaction

I also have a Lexmark Printer...X3550...and have suddenly (as of today)
started receiving this error message:

Device Monitor Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We
are sorry for the inconvenience.

This comes on as soon as I switch from Copy mode to Scan mode.

The printer (all in one) is fairly new...about 6 weeks...it's worked fine
until today.

I tried uninstalling all printer applications and re-installing. I tried
downloading the drivers from Lexmark. Nothing worked. Still receiving error
message.

Print function (mode) works fine, but it's the scan mode that is getting the
error message.

Lexmark used the Remote Assistance feature and looked around. Lexmark says
it's the Microsoft .NET Framework that's the culprit.

However, even the Lexmark Support Tech (thru Remote Assistance) could not
either repair or uninstall the .NET Framework (2.0) in the add/remove
programs.

I've tried re-installing the .NET Framework from my original operating disk,
and still getting the same errors.

Lexmark says the printer and software are fine. Microsoft says since my
Windows XP is OEM, that it's a gateway problem. Gateway says my warranty
ended back in 2004, however to try to reinstall the .NET Framework.

HELP !!!

"~SW" wrote:

Colin, I have the same "device monitor application" problem when windows
opens. I have a Gateway ML6732 with Vista and a Lexmark printer 3500-4500.
I don't want to uninstall the printer as I use it. Can I get rid of the
error message and still keep my printer? What exactly does this error
message hurt except for being annoying? ~SW

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

"aga151" wrote in message
Hi Colin,
I have no idea about these things,how can I find out? the error
message: reads:

"The Device Monitor has stopped working"
Then the message that windows will try to find
a solution.

regards

aga

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

"aga151" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm getting an eror message on my Advent laptop on Vista stating that
the
Device Monitor Application is not running.

Where and how can I start this task.

regards
aga

Is a Device Monitor an advent supplied utility?

What program or device are you using when that happens? "Device Monitor" is
not the name of a Windows program or service that I know of.

You should tell us the exact make and model of the computer. "Advent
laptop" is pretty general. The Advent.uk site is not helpful without the
exact model. There are very many.