Old October 2nd 08, 08:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dee

Default My Disk Drive won't work

"Erica♥" wrote:

I can't play any games on my laptop, because for some reason my drive isn't
working. I have Windows Vista but I don't have a disk because it was already
on my laptop when I got it. I went to my drives to view what was going on and
I get this message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.
The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) I don't know what this is
and I have never seen it before. The drive Optiarc CD-RW CRX880A ATA Device
it has the picture of the drive and for some odd reason there's a caution
sign on it.
Please help!!!
Thank You

I had this same problem and found it difficult to find the answer. After
spending a day reading I found this fix for me.
First I backed up my registry Google how to back up registry and follow
directions. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
Second I deleated upper and lower filters in reg. subkey.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461
This worked for me but be sure to follow all directions and cautions.
I had to reinstall some programs.
Hope this helps I know how hard it is to find answers.