Old October 3rd 08, 01:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mehuh

Default ATIKMDAG.SYS

I wasn't able to locate anything in the event viewer that would explain
this around the times the BSODs occur. I also analyzed the crash dump
and it keeps pointing to atikmdag.sys (one of my crash dump bugcheck
analysis is at
http://www.vistax64.com/vista-hardwa...tml#post765915
in case you want to see it). Also, the BSOD does not consistently occur
during any specific program - it happens randomly. Sometimes it occurs
2-3 times in a day and sometimes I'll go for 2-3 weeks without any
problems. The problem also sometimes occurs if I rebooted recently, or
also if I rebooted 1 week before. It's this randomness that makes it so
frustrating because I can't seem to pinpoint the issue.

When I contacted MS, they also kept blaming the ATI drivers. But, when
I contacted ATI, they denied responsibility.

I'll try updating the chipset drivers from the BIOS to see if that
works any better after the BSOD recurs since I isntalled 8.9.

I appreciate all of your help.

--
mehuh