Loop of sound computer Freezes and full lock up

Old September 16th 07, 08:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
wesley neeeding help

Default Loop of sound computer Freezes and full lock up

I have been having a problem with my computer. Anytime I play music, play
(oblivion, sims2 + all exp) When I play these games for a short time my
computer Loops sound the Freezes and my computer does a complete lock-up and
I cant do anything. And when i just play music on my computer it also freezes
and a complete lock up.
But when I play the game Star wars Battle front 1 and 2. My computer does
not have this issue.

I am running windows vista 64
Amd athlon 64X2 duel core processor 3600+
2.00 GB RAM
Nivida Geforce 8500 GT
WD 500 GB hard Drive
Please Please help me. My computer parts are brand new with all the latest
updates and drivers.

Old November 22nd 07, 03:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sam

im having the Exact same problem , and its starting to drive me up the wall

my specs are nearly the same

Win Vista Premium Home 32bit
Direct X 10
Amd athlon 64X2 dual core processor 5600+
3gb DDR2 ram
Nvidia GeForce 8500GT 512mb PCI-E SLI

the system is originaly a HP Pavilion m8100n Media center
i added the Graphic card

Symptomes::

i brows the web, lisnt to music watch movies , everything is fine

i Open up World of Warcraft ( iv tried other games and same result) ..and
randomely .. 15 min after in game .. 5 min ..20 min ..1h .. mabee even 4h
after im playing Screen freezes and i see the image still but the colors are
all Bright and pixelated, then the monitor shuts off . sometimes i get High
pitch Loop noise .. sometimes seems like the system keeps runing in the
background . only way to get out of it is to manualy reboot the system.

solutions i tried::

i monitored the heat whill in game and Idle .. Idle i get arround 52C and
ingame playing Highest it ever went was 71C these ranges are normal and i
Also added a 180mm fan on the side of the case for the vid card just to make
shur.

didnt fix it

i unpluged all the other PCI device such as Dialup modem and TV tuner..
problem still persiste ..

instaled Up to date drivers GPU, Chipset, BIOS, MoBo .. Sound .. all Windows
Hotfix

nothing ... even tried the beta Drivers ...nothing ..

even baught a Thermaltake 450W PSU .... still have the problem ..

Swiched Monitors ... still have the problem ,,

Ran all possible Test using Nvidia and 3rd party tools ... No errors
whatsoever .. but still have the problem ..

my last option is ..prety much to Send the Card back to manufacturer so they
send me another one ... Faulty Memory or GPU ? idk