Old January 6th 07, 06:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
formerprof

Default Nvidia graphics driver bug

The nVidia graphics driver (96.86) distributed with Vista 32 RTM works
properly on my system. The driver released yesterday (97.46) as well as the
"RC2" driver (96.85) which was on nVidia's web site until yesterday both
fail when I resume from monitor "power-down." The power to the monitor is
restored, but the screen shows nothing but a light blue color with thin
white diagonal lines. It's impossible to recover from this condition and a
reboot is required. CTRL-ALT-DEL changes the color to light green.

This problem is recorded in the system log with five instances of this
error message: "IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in
PCI slot 22, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical
assistance" Each instance lists a different PCI slot.

Hardwa ASUS A32SLI-Deluxe motherboard, XFX 7900GT graphics card, AMD
4800+ dual core 64-bit processor. I have installed the latest BIOS (1303). I've
had no trouble with XP or Linux, both 32 and 64-bit versions.

I'll appreciate any help - and if anyone has a direct pipeline to Microsoft
or nVidia I'd appreciate having this bug passed on. I reported it to
Microsoft verbally about ten days ago, but the report seems to have gone to
the bit bucket in the sky.

Thanks to all.

formerprof