Old October 11th 08, 08:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dma5949

Default DVD Drive E: Drive disappearing from Vista Home Premium 64

I have two SATA Liteon DVD drives, E: DVDRW LH-20A1L and F: DVD
SHD-16S1S. Starting yesterday,Drive E: disappeared from My Computer and
is not displayed in Device Manager, BIOS shows it's there. Yesterday
Vista started taking longer to load too, the green loading bar freezes
for about a minute. I tried running Start Up Repair from Vista Disc,
repair didn't fing anything so I used Restore Point. Still the same
problem. PC is about two years old, I built it, with Vista and MOBO
drivers/downloads up to date. I'm not getting any error codes as similar
posts state. Drive F: has no problems loading. Drive E: has latest
Firmware too from Liteon. Until yesterday Drive E: had always loaded. At
a loss as to why Vista can't see it when Bios does. Both drives have
power as the led lights blink at start up and i can open E: by pressing
button. Any direction in solving this issue would be appreciated...thx!

--
dma5949