Old October 19th 08, 10:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter Foldes

Default New Build

OK. What new build?? Win98 with SP2 ??

http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm

--
Peter

"busyboy" wrote in message ...
Hi All,

Just completed a new build, so when I booted up for the first time I found
out that I was getting no signal from the graphic card, so therefore I can't
get into the bios etc.
I have been on to the supplier and they have asked me to do several checks,
like moving the memory around etc but still no joy.
I am a bit concerned about the power supply to the graphic card. The graphic
card has only a six pin connector and in the Thermaltake manual it tells you
to use the embedded 8 pin PCIe supply, but the problem is the graphic card
is only six pin so I had to use the PCie modulised cable which is six pin,
my concern is whether I'm getting enough power to the graphic card. At the
moment the power is getting to the graphic card as the fan works ok,but
that's about it I'm still getting no signal to the monitor.
Or is there another gremlin about in the system, any help would be
appreciated.

Regards.

Busyboy

Thermaltake 850 watt PSU