ATI Drivers Gone?

Old October 18th 06, 12:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tom Lake

Default ATI Drivers Gone?

I just went to the ATI drivers site to see it there's an update to the
Radeon drivers for Vista (and a Vista version of MMC as well!) and found NO
drivers at all, not even the RC1 driver that used to be there. Maybe we're
in for an update soon!

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...olderID=571 2

Tom Lake

Old October 18th 06, 12:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

The RC1 drivers are there now with the following note:

"
Catalyst Beta Driver for Windows Vista RC1

Click here to find out if your PC is Vista ready

Please Note:
This driver release is not meant to be installed on Windows Vista RC2. The
in the box RC2 drivers are more current than the ones posted for RC1. We
will be posting a RC2 driver shortly.

"

Old October 18th 06, 01:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jeppe

"Tom Lake" wrote in message
I just went to the ATI drivers site to see it there's an update to the
Radeon drivers for Vista (and a Vista version of MMC as well!) and found NO
drivers at all, not even the RC1 driver that used to be there. Maybe we're
in for an update soon!

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...olderID=571 2

Tom Lake

Yeay, I wonder if they will finally support OpenGL in those?
Old October 18th 06, 02:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jerry P

I hope you have better luck then I did. I d/l the RC-1, tried 3 times
installing it (run as administrator), get a blue screen, fatal error, and
reboots, it's then in a loop. I wrote ATI 3 weeks ago still no reply. Great
tech support huh...

Old October 18th 06, 10:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Chris

I installed a new X1300 Radeon about a week ago. I used the posted drivers
(Catalyst on the web site) and it works well.

Chris

Old October 19th 06, 11:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mrlopez

I also have a problem installing Vista (any build) using my ATI X1600 Pro AGP
512MB video card. I own 2 of these cards. One is a X1600 Pro AGP 256MB built
by Diablotek and the other is a 512MB made by ATI.

When using the 512MB card, during the "Completing installation" phase, the
system gets the blue screen of death and shuts down less than a minute or so
before Vista is installed. If I boot the system again I get the same error.
If I boot in Safe Mode I get the message: "Installation can not be completed
in safe mode"

The Diablotek 256MB card works fine.

This problem seems to be caused by a device driver stuck in an infinite loop
or not programing the hardware correctly. I spoke to tech support at ATI but
they refused to confirm others are having the same problem. We must wait for
the formal release of Windows Vista to get support.

Old October 19th 06, 01:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Is the BIOS up to date on the system with the card with the problem if it is
on a different system then the other card?

Old October 19th 06, 06:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Shadow

I install it several days ago - My Radeon 9600 seemed to have settled down
now. It might work better on "older" cards.
Old October 20th 06, 03:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mrlopez

I've tried installing Vista on both Pc using each card. Which ever pc I put
the 512MB card in fails the same way.

Old October 30th 06, 07:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JKSeifert

What is shortly ?!? ;-)

And is there still a bug in the complete installer (09022006) ?

Maybe ther should be a Readme about updating the drivers and installing the
CCC alone after unpacking the whole ?

That's how i got it running on RC1-64and X1900XT256 (njam,njam)