intel chipset drivers

Old October 18th 06, 01:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dessy

Default intel chipset drivers

i have 2 motheboards one with intel 955x chipset and the other with intel
965x chipset now ive installed rc2 on both boards l seems to be working fine
, but i cant see if any intel chipset drivers have been installed. These
drivers are needed for the motherboards to work properly . ive been to intels
site and dont see any drivers for vista,,does any one know if microsoft has
already pre-installed a set of drivers or do i have to wait for intel to
produce them
Old October 18th 06, 03:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
PaulB

Hi,
My understanding is that these drivers are included with VISTA. I have the
same chipset and my board works fine. Are you having a problem?
--
Paul

Old October 18th 06, 08:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dessy

not realy its just that my perfomance is 4.3 in vista yet my pc has the
following hardwa-intel 650 p4 3.4 ghz cpu
4 times 512 mb ddr2 533mhz memory (2 gig)
MSI 7600 GT PCI EXPRESS *16 AT 256MB MEMORY
2 times 80 gig sata1 hdds
creative audigy se sound card

i would of thought that i had enough power to push vista on a bit faster.
apps dont spring open when i select them rather they take a bit of time
unlike my xp pro which snaps in superbly

Old October 18th 06, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
PaulB

Hi,
Yeah mine is a 4.3 also and it is based on my processor which is a 3.4GHz
Pentium too.
--
Paul

Old October 18th 06, 08:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dessy

hi,
well i can only assume that is the same as with XP HOME AND XP PRO ,,xp home
runs very fast and xp pro runs a tad slower because it loads a lot more
under the bonnet ,and therefore with xp pro and vista rc2 (ultimate) they
really do have a lot more running in the background xp pro installs upto 3
gig and vista rc2 (ultimate) takes up 11 gig of hd space.

thanks for your input it appreciated

Old October 18th 06, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Are your drives confitued in a Raid 0 confitureation? If yes the fact that
the data from the two drives has to be synched up and combined back together
may actually be slowing down retrival instead of speeding it up especially
if you have fast drives with large cache memoies.

Old October 19th 06, 10:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dessy

my 2 hdd (sata 1) are individual not raid ..1 has xp pro installed on it and
the other has vista rc2 installed on it so that i can flip back and forth as
new updates and drivers appear

Old October 19th 06, 01:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Have you checked to see if your MOBO has the latest BIOS, my MOBo
manufacturer updated its BIOS for my card twice in the the last couple of
months to better support Vista.

Old October 24th 06, 03:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Arge

I can't speak for the 955, but I have the 965 and the drivers are not
available. As much as I hated to do it, I just removed Vista because of
that. I was able live without the sound, without 2 of my 3 printers, but
the sluggish performance I could not live with.

I have a P IV D 3.40 GHz process with 512 MB of DDR2 Ram on the subject
board and my performance rating was 1.0. To be honest I don't think it ran
that good. Almost 5 minutes to boot, over a minute to shut down.

I am looking forward to the new release but I am going to have to wait until
the necessary drivers are available as the performance level was not
acceptable.

Arge