Old October 25th 08, 08:28 AM
molly1949 molly1949 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly1949 View Post
I went to crucial and downloaded the system check thingy. it did a scan and gave me some relatively conflicting data..as follows:

memory upgrades
According to our scan, your system already has the maximum amount of memory installed.
****now, I am really confused as I read the rest below:

drop down arrow
Your HP - Compaq Presario F557US Specifications

Currently installed memory:

EMPTY
EMPTY

Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-4200 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*

*Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.

* Maximum Memory Capacity: 2048MB
* Currently Installed Memory: 0MB
* Available Memory Slots: 2
* Number of Banks: 2
* Dual Channel Support: No
* CPU Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD
* CPU Family: Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3500+ Model 12, Stepping 2
* CPU Speed: 1600 MHz
*
how can I have both the maximum memory installed when it clearly states I have 0MB installed...and how can my laptop run without memory..lord help me. so, what now??
I just did a system check using other means and it says I have 512 installed..and lists itself within the pc as an f500 whereas the crucial scan lists the pc as Compaq Presario F557US, so there is a discrepancy that bothers..I think I will take it to compudoc and have them take a peek and install what can be installed, just to get me to at least a full Gig.