Old October 26th 08, 02:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Brink

Default Add an IDE HD to a SATA Vista64 Set-up

Hello WS67A02,

You could get a SATA to IDE adapter to connect your IDE hard drive to a
SATA port from places like the link below or a computer specialty store.

'Newegg.com - SYBA SD-SATA-IDE SATA/IDE Adapter, Connect IDE
Devices to SATA Port on Motherboard - Adapters & Gender Changers'
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822998001)

However, it may be easier if you have a friend that has a system that
you can connect it to, then you could just copy the files to DVD(S) on
your friends computer and from the DVD(s) to your computer.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

WS6TA02;870823 Wrote:
Hi,

New to the Vista world and I recently upgraded from an older computer.
Now I have an IDE HD that I would like to add to my set-up.

My problem is that my MD does not have an IDE connection. I have a lot
of pictures that I need to retrieve. I am not computer expert, but have
no problems adding components. Is there a certain controller card or
adapter I can use that is compatible with Vista?

I'll appreciate any advice.

Thanks

--
Brink