Old October 30th 08, 12:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MGbassace

Default reboot loop not with updates

Before you go down the clean install route, I would take the side panel off
and check that all components are all plugged in correctly and not worked
themself loose. Also remove all but one stick of RAM and see if it boots up,
If it doesnt remove that one stick and replace with one of the ones you have
taken out an see if it boots. If it does then you have a fault stick of RAM
and will need to contact the supplier.

"cindydorfsmith" wrote:

I did boot the repair from the dvd. I tried to get into safe mode, but
no matter when I pressed f8 during the starup window, I could not get
in.

I will try a clean reinstall, but my fear is why this happened, and
will it happen again? Since it is a brand new computer, I would think
that this would not happen out of the blue like it did. Thanks for the
advice

--
cindydorfsmith