Security Settings Popup

Old September 23rd 07, 04:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
shadow63

Default Security Settings Popup

I have been trying to help a friend that has a new Sony laptop with
Vista Home Premium. I had the laptop for several days setting it up and
comparing it to my laptop on the settings. I also have DSL and
connected the new laptop with no problems. Now my friend only has dial
up (yeah that sucks) as DSL is unavaiable. The dial up was set up wtih
no problems but when connecting to the internet it is like Vista is on
lockdown. I have gone in and lowered the secruity setting and we are
able to surf the internet but this popup keeps coming up and it is a
royal pain in the backside and I cannot figure out how to turn it off or
adjust it to stop, "current security settings puts your computer ar
risk". It pops up at every turn. It did not do this on DSL when at my
home but it does at my friends home on dial up. HELP!!!! It would be
greatly appreciated if anyone could advise on how to stop this as I am
about to pull my hair out and I need my hair . Thanks in advance.

--
shadow63