Old November 3rd 08, 01:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
PvdG42

Default DVD Writer will not burn

"Joseph Macari" wrote in message
I built a new box, with Vista64. My DVD writer (LG Super Multi, Model
GH22NP20) will read DVD's, CD's, etc., but will not burn DVD's (using Vista
app, not other software). My previous box had no problems performing burn
tasks (Phillips DVD burner). Could the problem be the media I am using,
i.e., it is 4x, LG burner lowest write speed is 6x., or could it possibly
be a bad drive. Any help would be appreciated.

Please provide failure details.
What, exactly, do you mean by "will not burn DVD's..."?
Does it attempt to burn and fail? Is the drive recognized by the built in
burn applet? Is blank media recognized? Have you tried burning with third
party software? Can you burn CD's?
Also, if attempts to burn produce error messages, please quote them.
These kinds of details will allow those who wish to help to provide batter
targeted suggestions.