Old January 9th 07, 05:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Detlev Rackow

Default Nvidia graphics driver bug

formerprof schrieb:

This problem is recorded in the system log with five instances of this
error message: "IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device
in PCI slot 22, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for
technical assistance" Each instance lists a different PCI slot.

Hardwa ASUS A32SLI-Deluxe motherboard, XFX 7900GT graphics card, AMD
4800+ dual core 64-bit processor. I have installed the latest BIOS
(1303). I've had no trouble with XP or Linux, both 32 and 64-bit versions.

Hello formerprof,

if there was a bug in the mentioned drivers concerning power management,
there would be much more problems of this kind. I suppose that the
problem lies - as mentioned in the log - in the bios of the mainboard or
the graphics card. Since Windows 98, Microsoft's demands on the correct
funtion of the BIOS and the ACPI-tables have risen continually, and
PM-failures have been the most common failures from bugs in the BIOS.

Speaking of myself, I have just needed to update the BIOS on my MSI-K9N
for PM to work properly.

Regards,

Detlev