Old November 4th 08, 02:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Joseph Macari

Default DVD Writer will not burn

no I-Tunes install.

Whats really weird is the following; Inserted a previous recordable DVD
(with some various files), went into Explorer and copied a file off my HDD
and pasted it to the recordable DVD..and the task was completed (drive DID
write)....so I used an exact same blank disk and the new media won't work
(Vista doesn't even give the option to format)...dialogue box comes up
stating "Windows cannot read the disc..etc"...this is very weird...I keep
thinking that it may be a bad drive..but as indicated before, previous
working drive (Phillips) will not work. It seems to be some kind of
hardware/BIOS glitch...was thinking of maybe looking for a firmware update;
but the fact that a previous working DVD drive worked on another Vista box
but not on this new one has me negating that procedure. I've been doing a
lot of searching for answers...nothing similar to my situation. I may
contact the motherboard manufacturer...

"Justbob30" wrote in message
Have you installed I-tunes?

"Joseph Macari" wrote in message
I built a new box, with Vista64. My DVD writer (LG Super Multi, Model
GH22NP20) will read DVD's, CD's, etc., but will not burn DVD's (using
Vista app, not other software). My previous box had no problems
performing burn tasks (Phillips DVD burner). Could the problem be the
media I am using, i.e., it is 4x, LG burner lowest write speed is 6x., or
could it possibly be a bad drive. Any help would be appreciated.