Old November 4th 08, 09:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
monitor update failed[_2_]

Default monitor update failed

i tried to dl the driver from the website does not work either.

MONITOR\SHP4023
is all that comes up.

i have a hdtv hooked up as the second screen, but it only shows one monitor
in the device manager, and the name under monitor says (generic pnp monitor).

is there something i have to do to get more access or something ??

"Timothy Davis [MSFT]" wrote:

Damn,

I meant to reply to OP. Please disregard DDW.

"Monitor Update Failed" - my post was meant for you. :-)

"Timothy Davis [MSFT]" wrote in message
Hi DDW,

Could you please tell me the hardwareIDs of your device?

You can find this by:
-- opening the device manager (start -- run -- devmgmt.msc)
-- selecting the monitor device
-- right clicking and selecting "properties"
-- Selecting the 'details' tab
-- Selecting "Hardware Ids" from the drop down box

Please copy/paste the list of hardwareIDs to this thread.

"DDW" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 19:45:01 -0800, monitor update failed monitor
update wrote:

ok i got windows vista 64 bit, and a hp w2207 wide lcd monitor. windows
says
that there is an update (hp - bus controllers and ports, display - hp
w2207
wide lcd monitor), but everytime i run it, it says failed access denied
error
code 80070005. can any1 help me ?? and yes i am signed on the
administrator
account. thank you

Don't get your hardware updates from Microsoft. Get them from the
manufacturer's website.

DDW
No email please