Old November 7th 08, 11:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
George Trakker

Default Dual Monitors Problem Help Request

I have a VISTA laptop and I've attached an additional monitor to allow for more desktop space.

I've set them two monitors up with 1 as the laptop display and 2 as the adjacent flatscreen.

The laptop screen is listed as the main screen, but the desktop icons move onto the adjacent monitor. If this extra monitors isn't on I don't have any of my desktop icons.

? What can I do to keep my desktop icons on the laptop and only put those windows on the flatscreen that I deem needed?

I've check the drivers under device manager and all are upto date and working properly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

George T.