Old November 8th 08, 11:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barryjt

Default Epson R300 Printer

I posted all the details earlier however:

I have been using my Epson R300 printer for over a year with Vista Home
Premium. It worked fine until recently when it just refused to print
anything. I got a message saying that Windows didn't recognise a USB device.
A device has malfunctioned.

I tried deleting the printer via the control panel and reinstalling by
plugging in the usb cable. I got the same message. I contacted Epson online
help and went through various procedures without success. The technicial
said it must be Vista causing the problem.

I took the printer to an Epson Repair Centre. The technician said he could
find nothing wrong but he reinstalled the firmware and reset the counter.
Back at home, I tried reinstalling using the "add printer" facility in
control panel and I was actually able to print a test page and then a small
Word document. However, next time I tried, I got the original message
Windows does not recognise a usb device.

Any advice would be appreciated. Not too technical though please.

"Walt Thatcher" wrote:

Barryjt wrote:

I have posted a message to Alan Morris but it seems like he's not available.
Could anyone else help please? See earlier posts. (Simple language please!)

WHAT "earlier posts"!??

State your problem with all the essential details.

Simple enough language for you?