Old January 9th 07, 01:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
formerprof

Default Nvidia graphics driver bug

Dear Detlev,

So far I've only heard of this problem occurring on nVidia 7900GT cards.
Several different main boards are reported, suggesting that there's
something about the 7900GT to which nVidia will have to attend. I hope it's
sooner rather than later. Many thanks and all good wishes.

formerprof

"Detlev Rackow" wrote in message
formerprof schrieb:

This problem is recorded in the system log with five instances of this
error message: "IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device
in PCI slot 22, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for
technical assistance" Each instance lists a different PCI slot.

Hardwa ASUS A32SLI-Deluxe motherboard, XFX 7900GT graphics card, AMD
4800+ dual core 64-bit processor. I have installed the latest BIOS
(1303). I've had no trouble with XP or Linux, both 32 and 64-bit
versions.

Hello formerprof,

if there was a bug in the mentioned drivers concerning power management,
there would be much more problems of this kind. I suppose that the problem
lies - as mentioned in the log - in the bios of the mainboard or the
graphics card. Since Windows 98, Microsoft's demands on the correct
funtion of the BIOS and the ACPI-tables have risen continually, and
PM-failures have been the most common failures from bugs in the BIOS.

Speaking of myself, I have just needed to update the BIOS on my MSI-K9N
for PM to work properly.

Regards,

Detlev