Old November 14th 08, 12:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
andymayhem

Default File Description Missing in Large Folder View

hi,

im new round here i am desperately hoping you guys can help me! i
searched the forum but couldnt find the answers or anything. im pretty
stressed at the moment.

i am having a similar problem, to the one above except my folders and
desktop arent showing any names only dates, except on the desktop they
are showing sizes and in the c:\ they are arent showing anything. also
in control panel in normal vista view nothing works, it comes up with
there are no items to display but it does work in classic view. i also
tried the check for errors and it didnt help, i also tried restore but
that wouldnt work, it would open a window for 1second and close it.

please help me!!

--
andymayhem