Old November 22nd 08, 11:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Default I cant find UpperFilters or LowerFilters.. have problem in DVD writer

Hi,

The upper/lowerfilters bit is only a fix when a third party program used for
CD/DVD writing has been installed. Unless you have done this, it's not the
problem.

Does the one disk that works in this drive work in the other drive? How
about commercial disks?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"el3need" wrote in message

Thanx for ur support...

My dvd writer reads only dvd-cd that i got from the company. it doesn't
read normal cds or another dvd .. the cable and the other cd-rom that i
have work good.... i have 2 cd-rooms ... sony dvd RW and Sony CD-reader.
and they have the same cable.... ( i mean the problem is not in the
cable)...

I opened the DVD-Rom and cleaned the eye there and nothing new
happened.. it reads only the DVD-cd that i got from the company..

I installed the last framework of it from sony website.. but it doesn't
help..

i made contact with medion ( the company that i bought my PC from)..
they said that i must delete Upperfilter and Lowerfilter... But i don't
have them in my regedit list..

what can i make...
i don't know... i need your help...

MY DVD Rom is ... Sony DVD DW RW-Q31A