Old November 24th 08, 06:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Killborn

Default The disappearance of local disk (D:) after full system recovery in Vista Home Premium

Lesson learned the hardway: After accidentally deleting a number of bios
settings, and receiving an error message that read: Your Operating Sytem
is missing., when simply trying to change the boot sequence order of my
OS, I reinstalled Windows Vista Home Premium with the OS disk and the
apps. and drivers from the recovery disks I had made shortly after
purchase. I was not aware that running this utility would delete the
contents of local disk (Ddrive permanently even after complete system
restore. My question is: I now have a local disk (D drive with
capacity 9.79GB listed in my computer where it should be, and inside I
see a BOOTSEC.BAK file size 8k as the only contents. What am I supposed
to do with this file? And what should be done about the 8+GB space left
in this drive?

--
Killborn