Old November 24th 08, 01:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
DL

Default The disappearance of local disk (D:) after full system recovery in Vista Home Premium

FWIW in future, there is a setting in the BIOS to set defaults, which will
put it back to the condition it was in prior to any 'tweaking' you may have
done

"Killborn" wrote in message

Lesson learned the hardway: After accidentally deleting a number of bios
settings, and receiving an error message that read: Your Operating Sytem
is missing., when simply trying to change the boot sequence order of my
OS, I reinstalled Windows Vista Home Premium with the OS disk and the
apps. and drivers from the recovery disks I had made shortly after
purchase. I was not aware that running this utility would delete the
contents of local disk (Ddrive permanently even after complete system
restore. My question is: I now have a local disk (D drive with
capacity 9.79GB listed in my computer where it should be, and inside I
see a BOOTSEC.BAK file size 8k as the only contents. What am I supposed
to do with this file? And what should be done about the 8+GB space left
in this drive?

--
Killborn