Old November 27th 08, 03:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tellwilliam

Default Can NOT burn to CD/DVD; reading works

Dell Latitude D820; new Vista Home 64 installed.
Reading functions work fine, but I can not burn to CD or DVD. I only
tried Windows Media Player and Photoshop Elements 6.

Media Player allows building burn list, but won't enable "Burn Button".

Elements responds to burn request with "no CD/ DVD drive available".
When selecting Backup (Elements), only C:/ is available, not D:.

Downloaded all updates and deleted/ re-installed CD driver.

Thanks,

MN

--
tellwilliam