Old November 30th 08, 01:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Renee

Default Failure-security options

Did the cpmplete disk check and made sure I have full control (your item 2)
and I stll have the same problem occurring

"Drew Tognola" wrote:

RENEE,

A couple things,
1) Have you tried clicking 'Computer right-click on (C, select
Properties', click the 'Tools' tab Click 'Check Now' Check only the
option 'Automatically fix file system errors', click 'Start'.
It will open a window asking if you want to check for errors the next time
you start your computer, click 'Schedule disk check' and restart the
computer.
See if this helps.

2) Click 'Computer right-click on (C, select Properties', click the
'Security' tab.
Under the heading 'Group or user names', click each item, Authenticated
Users, System, Administrators (your name/Administrators). Does each item
have 'Full Control' Allowed?

"RENEE" wrote in message
After all that - still have the same problem

"RENEE" wrote:

Sorry I'm an idiot...scrolled down and found where to actually turn off.
Will try that

"Drew Tognola" wrote:

RENEE,

By any chance are you running an Antivirus app alongside of Windows
Defender? If so, disable Windows Defender from the Control Panel
(bottom of
the settings page),. Also disable Windows Defender from 'Services' &
msconfig's Startup tab (click 'Start Run, type msconfig OK).
Restart your PC.

Click the below link and read the posts concerning your issue. Many
different Antivirus apps running with Windows Defender seems to be the
culprit.

www.vistaforums.com/Forum/Topic13079-9-1.aspx

Drew

"RENEE" wrote in message
IE7, Word, email not responding. Same problem with many programs.
Then
on
a forced restart/shutdown which takes 5-10 minutes-- "log-in process
has
failed to create the security options dialogue - failure security
options".
Am running Vista ultimate. This is a fairly new problem. Have not
installed
any new software