Old December 9th 08, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Paul[_24_]

Default Vista cannot find any wireless networks - hardware failure?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions. My client has a notebook with an intel
3945abg wifi card. This card cannot find any networks. Vista Business SP1 is
fully updated and the latest drivers are installed. Device Manager shows
everything enabled and working. Hardware switch is ON. I have reset
WINSOCKS.

If I uninstall the card and reboot, the card is reinstalled and works fine
until the next reboot - after which it will not find any networks until it
is uninstalled and rebooted.

Is there something I have missed? Any suggestions? I am thinking new wifi
card. All help or suggestions gratefully received.

Paul