Old December 9th 08, 06:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

Default Vista cannot find any wireless networks - hardware failure?

Do you or your client know what wireless networks are within range and which
are broadcasting their names?
Or does he know exactly which wireless network he wants to access? If yes
is it set to be used as the default even when not broadcasting?
I have found that the Vista SP2 Beta is much improved in its handling of
wireless networks.
"Paul" wrote in message
I'd be grateful for any suggestions. My client has a notebook with an
intel 3945abg wifi card. This card cannot find any networks. Vista
Business SP1 is fully updated and the latest drivers are installed. Device
Manager shows everything enabled and working. Hardware switch is ON. I
have reset WINSOCKS.

If I uninstall the card and reboot, the card is reinstalled and works
fine until the next reboot - after which it will not find any networks
until it is uninstalled and rebooted.

Is there something I have missed? Any suggestions? I am thinking new wifi
card. All help or suggestions gratefully received.

Paul