Old December 9th 08, 06:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
vwpepper

Default External monitor display

Hi,
I connected a dell laptop running vista to a tv. I was able to toggle
between the 3 options of view, mirroring the laptop,using the fn keys
until I started messing around in the resolution dialog box. I
accidentally changed something somewhere because now when I want to
display the laptop screen on the tv I have to switch it to the setting
where the laptop screen is blank but its display is shown on the tv.
When I switch to both monitors on, the tv only shows the wallpaper that
is on the laptop without the desktop icons and doesn't show any of the
open programs.
I need to be able to mirror the laptop on the tv and have both displays
on.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Dirk

--