Old December 10th 08, 12:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Malke[_2_]

Default Antivirus plus

stoptheantivirusplus wrote:

I was on my myspace the other day then it started freezing and it wouldnt
let me get back on internet explorer. A thing called Antivirus Plus poped
uo on my screen telling me i have a trojan virus. I recently have heard
about this trojan virus and it infects your hole system is what i heard so
stupid me i downloaded the antivirus plus to get rid of the trojan virus.
Now I found out from one of my friends its a program that can hack you and
find out your credit card numbers and etc.. Is there a way to get rid of
this Anti Virus Plus.. It wont let me uninstall it. PLease help me!

Your system is infected with a rogue antivirus program. It is called "rogue"
because it pretends to be A Good Guy but is really Evil. Do not pay them!

Bleeping Computer removal how-to's -

Malwarebytes malware removal guides - http://tinyurl.com/5xrpft ]

If you are infected with XP Antivirus or Antivirus 2009/10, here are removal
steps:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malw...antivirus-2009
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic154529.html (earlier versions)

Removal instructions for Antivirus 2010:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/i...showtopic=6703

Removal instructions for Antivirus 2009:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/i...showtopic=5178

These may work for you and all may be well. However, in many cases the
computer will also be infected with Zlob and/or Vundo trojans and protected
by a rootkit. These machines are extremely difficult to clean.

If your machine is one of these cases, either get guided help at one of the
specialty forums below OR back up your data and do a clean install of
Windows. It is your choice. If you are unsure how to back up your data or
how to do a clean install, you can take your machine to a local computer
professional. I don't recommend using BigComputerStore/GeekSquad types of
places.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LOGS IN THE MS NEWSGROUPS.

http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip
http://aumha.net/ - Click on the HijackThis forum. Read the announcement and
the stickies *first*.
http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9