Old December 11th 08, 06:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.security.homeusers,microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Default Vista Security is Killing Me

[[Forwarded to Vista Networking & Security newsgroups via crosspost]]

Windows Live OneCare Forums
http://forums.microsoft.com/windowso....aspx?siteid=2
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

royalbones wrote:
I am running Vista Home Premium (32-bit) SP1 and Live One Care AV.
I really like the new operating system but I really do not need and/or
like all the security Vista hace forced on me. At I coule turn it off in
XP.

How can I get my 5 computers (3 on XP sp3, and 2 on (same as above)
so that I can access files, via my home wireless network, freely using
windows explorer like i can between my XP computers?
Currently I have to logon with a user name and password ( I think I got
passed this..)
but now, for example, when I can see "documents" listed for the computer
am trying to access and I click on it, It tells me I can't and suggests
something about permissions, which I've checked and to my knowledge it
looks
like the permissions for "documents" is set to full control.....

Anyway...
i just read something suggesting Live One Care may be the problem...
but I can't imagine that's all of it...

Anybody as anti-security as I am?