Old January 12th 07, 11:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Malke

Default explorer.exe memory leak? wow hope it get fixed before launch!

Toxsickcity wrote:

okay,

I am running 64bit edition of rtm ultimate.

I have just copied about 30GB of Backup Data consisting of approx 134,000
files
containing photos, Videos & Documents.

I look in Task Manager and explorer.exe's memory usage is 490MB

My System has only 1GB Ram, so this 490MB is either Memory Leak Or Cache?

what do you think?

Is the computer running slowly? Is it having any other problems? Because if
not, don't worry about this. RAM is meant to be used and all modern
operating systems will use whatever RAM is available. That's what it's
for - to be used.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers