Lenovo 3000 N100 help

Old November 12th 06, 03:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
numerusnex

Default Lenovo 3000 N100 help

I really have two questions. Background: I am running RC1 on a Lenovo 3000
N100 w/1 GB RAM and Centrino Duo at 1.66. The first is: how do I get sound
on my machine?
It supposedly has an integrated sound card but it doesn't work. It did work
with XP but the vista advisor never said that the sound would cease working
with vista. I did have it in dual boot but then erased XP (accidentally) but
I know sound was working in XP. do I have to wait until final Vista release?
The second is: the machine has 1 GB of RAM but the start up screen and the
rest of the vista software registers only 504 MB. Is this just a random
error or what?
Old November 12th 06, 04:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kerry Brown

I don't know about the sound. You'd have to tell us what chipset the sound
uses. As for the memory if the BIOS only sees that much as well as Windows
you have a hardware problem not a Windows problem. By startup screen do you
mean the BIOS or the first screen after Vista has loaded?

--
Kerry
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Old November 12th 06, 09:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard G. Harper

That laptop has a really strange sound chip, getting it to work properly is
darn near impossible. You will likely have to wait until Lenovo releases
their Vista drivers.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...