Old December 19th 08, 12:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
lovesaves

Default HP Laserjet 1012 and Vista 64 bit (driver work-around worked for me)

I have the hp Laserjet 1012 and, after wasting much time with different
failed attempts, I finally got it to work with my Dell Studio Vista Home
Premium 64bit desktop! First, I custom installed the Laserjet 1015 XP
driver from the hp site (fonts and driver only, not the toolkit). I
picked USB local port and the driver installed but the printer wouldn't
work. Next I right clicked on the Laserjet 1015 printer (default printer
in the control panel) and under its Properties changed the port to DOT
4_00x Generic IEEE 1284. I connected the printer to the USB port and now
it prints.

--
lovesaves