Old December 19th 08, 09:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Chuck[_2_]

Default Can't scan over wireless network with Lexmark x4650

Network scanning (and Faxing) with All in Ones is often a no go, usually due
to Mfr supplied software & drivers.
I'd check to see that the mfr does support network scanning before I spent a
bunch of time and effort trying to make it work.

"threev" wrote in message

I have Vista Home Premium 32 bit and just installed a new Lexmark x4650
all-in-one. I can print perfectly when it is connected wirelessly
(through the printer's internal connection to the network), but it won't
recognize there is a scanner on it. If I connect it via USB, it works.
I have tried disabling both the firewall (McAfee and Windows) and the
wireless router. I can't see to find anyone who can print but not scan
over the network. Any thoughts?

--
threev