Old December 25th 08, 10:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Lilly

Default CD/DVD RW error code 39

I'm the same, I installed my digital camera and that's when my DVD drive
somehow disappeared...

I can't locate the upper and lower filters....
I have the right folder and everything but there are no filters...

"Michele" wrote:

My problem is also a code 39 but with a twist. At end of Oct., I tried to
install a digital camera and I believe that is when my drive stopped working.
However, I originally went into device manager and under dvd/cd-rom drives
listed:HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GSA-HIIN ATA device. I felt this might be my problem
and I deleted it. Now I'm left with local drive c: only. I cannot run any
discs of any sort and decided to troubleshoot the code 39. I went into the
registry editor and deleted the upper and lower filters with no solution. I
then attempted to restore my system but my computer does not recognize my
drive. I think I may of haphazardly erased my cd/dvd rw drive. HELP! Is
there anything I can do now?
--
shellycat

"davdun75" wrote:

Vista no longer recognizes CD/DVD RW drive; is listed in Hardware and in
BIOS but driver corrupt or missing. Have run Repair on Vista, Sys Restore,
retried driver installation, removed recent software... still get error Code
39. Microsoft has no solution, by default error reporting and search for
solution.