Treo 700wx

Old November 19th 06, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Andrew Bryson

Default Treo 700wx

I've connected my Treo 700wx to my desktop running Vista Ultimate and hear a
"beep" when it connects. However, when I go to the mobile device center it
doesn't show up. Any ideas?

Andrew

Old November 21st 06, 02:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Stuart [MVP]

Happened to me with my Treo 700P as well. Looks like there may be some USB
detection issues in Vista RTM. I had to go to Device manager, locate the Palm
device and reinstall the driver. In my case at least, Vista couldn't locate
the driver so I had to point it to the location manually and then it
installed. I've noticed that it lost connectivity to it the next day and I
had to reboot to get it back.

Old November 21st 06, 03:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Andrew Bryson

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I can't locate my mobile device in the
device manager. I do see a remote adapter under the network devices, but I
don't think that's what I'm looking for. I did try to uninstall/reinstall
that adapter anyway with no luck.

Andrew

Old November 23rd 06, 06:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RonM

I have the same issues with my Qtek smartphone (a collegue of mine too). Just
read in the Live OneCare forum this issue happens due to the OneCare firewall
(which I'm running) even though you allow access when asked. I'll try to turn
it off and see what happens.
--
Grtz,
Ron