Vista Banter

-   Music, Pictures and Video with Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/music-pictures-video-vista/)
-   -   Windows Explorer Crashes when entering Video Folder (http://www.vistabanter.com/77212-re-windows-explorer-crashes-when-entering-video-folder.html)

MaraST78[_6_] October 7th 07 10:51 AM

Windows Explorer Crashes when entering Video Folder

Try disabling DEP. Open command prompt as ADMIN and type:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

reboot and see if it helps.

--
MaraST78

Intel DP35DP -=- Core2Quad Q6600 -=- 2x2GB DDRII 667 (Kingmax) -=- POV
8800GTS 640MB -=- onboard Sigmatel HD audio -=- some SATA HDDs and
optical drives -=- FSP Epsilon 700W PSU -=- Vista Ultimate x64 -=-
everything at stock speeds and will never be overclocked

Adam Albright October 7th 07 12:45 PM

Windows Explorer Crashes when entering Video Folder

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 05:51:30 -0500, MaraST78
wrote:

Try disabling DEP. Open command prompt as ADMIN and type:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

reboot and see if it helps.

File DEP under unintended consequences. Oops, getting ahead of myself.
I'll wager a lot don't know what DEP is. If you have some unexplained
Window issues like Windows Explorer crashing or similar such things
take a few minutes to get up to speed on Data Execution Prevention or
DEP which is discussed at length in this blogs.

http://blogs.technet.com/robert_hens...explained.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/michael_howard...-and-oems.aspx

Rusga August 12th 09 04:15 PM

Windows Explorer Crashes when entering Video Folder

Had the same problem, as you say seems like a problem loading
thumbnails, found a workaround for XP users:

Open My Documents view (select anything but thumbnails)

Click Tools Folder options View Tab click Apply to all folders
click yes

My videos will now open without crashing, changing the view of my
videos back to thumbnails causes the problem to reoccur.

--
Rusga
Rusga's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/124257.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

kris_rocks! February 2nd 10 03:44 AM

Windows Explorer Crashes when entering Video Folder

Thanks, I had same issue. fixed by changing the view. The below link
also provide an alternative solution for this.

--
kris_rocks!
kris_rocks!'s Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/180647.htm