IBM ThinkPad T43p - keyboard and mouse not working

Old November 22nd 06, 05:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ANIMALCHIN

Default IBM ThinkPad T43p - keyboard and mouse not working

Hi, I have a T43p and there are certain things I can not get working.
Did you guys get the finger print device to work?
Also, the middle button on the mouse?

"Johnny" wrote:

Hi Micah,

thank you very much for your reply. What you mention is exactly what I also
think that it is the problem.
Yes, first I tried to upgrade an existing XP Installation (where all the
ThinkPad Drivers where installed).

Now I did a clean install and voila, its running fine.

Conclusion: I was not able to fix the problem of an upgrade, so I installed
it from the scratch by loosing my old (XP) Settings and Applications.

Thanks again
Johnny

"Micah" wrote:

Hey Johnny

I'm also running a t43p, and it's running quite smoothly, and with a good
rating too. Did you upgrade from XP or do a clean install? I did a clean
install. This means removing even the rescue and recovery portion of the
hardrive (the "predesktop" area). I then made a new partition of the whole
drive. The reason I mention this is because I think your keyboard/mose are
frozen because the IBM drivers for ultranav are totally incompatible with
Vista, and cause it to freeze the entire mouse and keyboard. The only way to
fix your problem is to rid yourself of the IBM mouse and keyboard drivers and
use just standard ps2 mouse drivers and standard keyboard. There is
probably some way to do this from the command line, but I don't know how.
But I do know that until you uninstall the drivers for yourkeyboard and
mouse, you will be able ot use Vista fine. When you upgrade from XP,
however, it retains the IBM drivers. Also, if you install Vista without
getting rid of the predesktop area of the hard drive, I think it finds hte
IBM drivers and installs them, thus freezing the computer.

- Micah

"Johnny" wrote:

Hi all,

after upgrading from XP to Vista Beta 2 I cannot login because neither
keyboard nor Mouse (touchpad, trackball and external USB) are working on an
IBM ThinkPad T43p (Notebook). The login screen appears, but I cannot type in
a password nor can I move the mouse.
The upgrade process itselfe finished without any problems. e.g. High
Resolution Display was detected.
(remark: on XP IBM Drivers and Applications for Keyboard and Mouse have been
installed. Maybe these Apps are still started but not compatible with Vista?)

What do you think, how can I fix this issue? Starting in safe mode doesn't
help.

Thanks for any response
Johnny

Old November 25th 06, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kevin Young

Lenovo site indicates Vista drivers should be available in late November so
hopefully we will see them on the Lenovo site this week.