Installing Vista on Toshiba Tecra M5 Laptop

Old August 27th 06, 02:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Wendell Ying

Default Installing Vista on Toshiba Tecra M5 Laptop

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem; exaclty how did you get the install
working Clayton?
--
Wendell Ying

"Clayton" wrote:

5536

I got it working ok, must not have liked being installing within a currently
running OS

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote in message
Unfortunately "Vista Capable" does not a guarantee Vista will run on it.
Since there are changes in all the Vista builds, it is possible that a
computer that runs an earlier build will not with a later build of Vista.

After checking the Toshiba website, it appears you have the latest BIOS.
You could contact Toshiba and see what they have to say.
However most OEMs do not support an OS that was not shipped with the
computer.

I recently acquired a used Tecra S1 and it seems to run the current Build
5536 as well as the previous Build 5472 fine.
What build of Vista are you attempting to install?

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Clayton" wrote in message
Tried this morning to install Vista on my new laptop and recieve the
following error message

You must make the following changes before installing windows.
Windows cannot be installed on this computer with the current system BIOS
version. Contact your computer manufacturer for a BIOS update, install
the update, and then start windows installation again.
OEM Name: Toshiba: OEM Model: TECRA M5: BIOS Version v1.50: BIOS Date:
20060425000000.000000+000

Have a sticker on the laptop that says Windows Vista Capable, so I guess
not yet!!!

Old August 28th 06, 12:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Clayton

Remove any usb devices (mouse ok connected) remove from docking station and
boot from the Vista DVD

Old August 28th 06, 05:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Clayton

Wendell, if you get Vista installed (Clean Install) it will show 3 unknown
devices after setup has completed.
One is for the HDD Sensor and the other is for Bluetooth, not sure what the
other is for.
DON'T install the HDD Sensor that came for XP as it will turn your
installation to custard and you will end up having to do a last know good
configuration and then it will show 6 unknown devices.
I tried installing Bluettoth and the installation hung and I had to abort
it.

Good luck

Clayton

Date: