Old January 15th 09, 10:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bob Newman

Default To turn off your computer or leave it on?

"JerryF" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...
First let me say that I use my computer a total of about 3-4 hours a day
and
have always left it on. I ask this question primarily because we are
adding
a second computer for my wife who will probably use it about 1/2 of that
time. Here are a few agreements for each option although I am not
interested in debating them in this thread.

Please, spare the environment and stop wasting
electricity. If you are using Vista set your computer to
go into sleep mode 1 hour after its last used and then
into hibernation (Hybrid). It will wake up and be usable
in under 1 minute when you need it. Enough time to open
a beer, or run to the bathroom.

"Here are a few agreements for each option although I am not interested in
debating them in this thread."

Bob