Old February 18th 09, 02:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Andy

Default 64 home premium and WD10eacs 1 tb esata drive difficulties - HELP PLEASE

Windows explorer will only show valid disk partitions. Use Disk
Management to partition the drive.

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 20:35:38 -0600, BBTrekkie
wrote:

I bought the western digital wd10eacs 1 tb drive and the proper esata
enclosure.

Vista finds it as a USB - but only can see it in device manager - I
cannot see it in my computer to format it. BUT the properties in DM say
it is working properly.

When I Plug it in using the eSata I get the same thing.

I can see it using device manager but I cannot access it - or see it
from my computer so I can format it.

can anyone help?