Old February 18th 09, 09:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter Foldes[_2_]

Default DVD RAM Drive Disappears From Windows Vista

Try one of the following

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q316529
--
Peter

"technomann" wrote in message

HP Pavillion dv9500 notebook running Vista Home Premium. I installed a
2nd SATA hard drive in bay 2 og the notebook and now my DVD RAM drive
has disappeared from Explorer, Drive Management, and Device Manager. I
swapped out the DVD drive with a new one to rule out hardware failure,
but the problem persists. Does anyone have a clue as to why this has
happened? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I want my DVD drive
back! Thank you.

--
technomann