Lexmark X2480

Old October 21st 07, 11:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Rebecca

Default Lexmark X2480

I paid some IDIOTS to upgrade my XP to Vista Business. My most pressing
problem right now is that I don't have a printer that works. My newest
printer is a Lexmark X2480 and there is a driver download on the Lexmark
site. No matter what I do when the install dialog gets to the screen "How is
your printer connected?" and says to plug in cable and turn on printer, it
stops. The "Continue" button stays grayed out. No printer shows up in the
Contol Panel-Printers, but there are fourteen Unknown hidden devices there.
I have stopped payment on the check that I wrote to these people and I am
afraid to let anyone else touch my PC. Can you help me print?

Rebecca

Ironically, my ancient hp DesignJet plotter is working fine and it is so old
that there aren't ANY drivers on the hp site for it. It is connected to LPT1
parallel port and I randomly downloaded a color, 36-inch printer driver. I
suspect that the color may not work, but I never use color anyway. I can't
use this plotter for everything because it uses expensive 36-inch roll paper.
Old October 22nd 07, 04:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Do the USB ports (I'm having to presume that's how you're connecting the
printer to the PC since you forget to mention that part) work with other
devices?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Old October 22nd 07, 05:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Rebecca

Yes, it is connected by USB, but I don't have any other devices to try in
them. I did try another cable and had the same problem. The IDIOTS said
they had to install a new Ethernet card because the old one wasn't compatible
with Vista, but I don't know what they really did or didn't do.

Rebecca