Old March 24th 09, 10:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dbacs

Default SATA HDD only works with SATA to eSATA cable?

Ok thanks.

For the large RAID configs what are we talking about there,
specifically? How many drives?

My RAID card can support 4, 1.5 TB drives at SATA 1.5gb/s. I have 3
hdd's attached already for RAID config. 2 160gb's and 1 450gb, all SATA
1.5's.

I think its the "recertified" also, but that wouldn't solve the fact
that it runs fine on an eSata to Sata cable and enclosure. Unless the
drive is underpowered from the mother board, and plugging it into the
externally powered enclosure gives it more juice?

--
dbacs