Old March 25th 09, 10:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
killerl1g

Default Can only use only mouse

i emailed dell support they told me to check that it was properly
connected then try the mouse in safe mode (none of that worked) then
they said restore the pc to factory settings, i told them that sounds a
little extreme to fix this, so they said we will send you a new dell
mouse.

I dont think that will help as i think it might be somthing to do with
serial keys, i found on a forum somewhere that new mices dont have
serial keys and the pc puts them on, so if you have a mouse without a
serial key the computer will ignore it and just look for the old one,
they said i needed to copy the serial key of my mouse in regedit then
paste it onto the new mouse, i have no idea how to do that or if it will
work, but the person who posted it dident seem to know either.

--
killerl1g