Old April 8th 09, 09:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
andy

Default Quick formating Q

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 19:48:55 +0100, protocol
wrote:

Hey guys

I've been using Vista ultimate as my primary OS for some time and have
been wanting a change, so i shrunk and formatted 110GB or my 1TB HDD and
installed windows server 2008.

Now ive transfered all my nessesary stuff onto the server partition and
i am ready to format my vista install and expand my server 2008
partition.

Now is this possible, Computer Management isnt giving me an option to
format or shrink or anything on both partitions, i have set my Server
2008 partition as active and nothing?

thanks

The Vista partition is probably the Windows System partition, which
you are not allowed to format.
After setting the Server 2008 partition active, you have to create the
boot manager files on the partition using bootrec /rebuildbcd and the
startup repair commands.