Old April 22nd 09, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dave24x

Default External HDD. Please help me

Thanks. I can restart the machine and it will then let me edit files
and such. I haven't tried unplug/replugging the HDD itself, I will try
that next time.

Over the course of the past few months since I started with Vista, I've
tried solving this problem on numerous Vista forums, and some 'expert'
MVP guy posted some long winded fix that didn't do anything. I've tried
to hack it through DOS, tried doing stuff in the registry, everything.
What is the deal with this Microsoft? I hope Windows 7 doesn't have
this nonsense.

Vista doesn't even manage to get folders right. I have set the Music
folder to display as Music Details style. Suddenly, every folder on the
drive sets to Music Details. Even better, some subfolders actually IN
the music folder have set themselves to Picture display. When did I
tell it to do that?

--
dave24x