Old April 30th 09, 03:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tipcom1

Default Error on Hard Disk 2 message

I have a 2 month old Dell Studio Mini that has been great up until a few
weeks ago. My wife went to start the computer and got a black screen
that said something like "Windows did not shut down properly the last
time, Do you want to start in SafeMode?" When she got it started a tool
bar was missing. When I got home i ran Norton DiskDoctor and immediately
got this message: Error on Hard Disk 2, The Master Partition Table is
Unreadable, The Master Partition Table is Physically Damaged, the only
way to correct this is from a low level format. I ran Windows
SystemRestore but when I ran DiskDoctor again I got the same message.
It's under warranty so maybe I'll have to get with the Tech guys at Dell
and let them figure it out. Just curious if any of you have had this
problem and if so, how you resolved it. Thanks

--
tipcom1