check number of memory cards

Old October 31st 07, 09:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gursaran abott[_2_]

Default check number of memory cards

hi
how can i check how many memory cards are installed in my computer example -
if i have 1gb memory on my computer how can i check if i have two 512mb
installed or just one 1gb installed without messing up with the hardware i
dont want open up my computer and check the hardware. how can i know it from
the OS
please help
thanks
gursaran
Old October 31st 07, 10:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Opening up the case and looking is the best.
It is usually easy and the case can often be opened without moving the
computer depending on location and computer.

Enter the BIOS.
Usually one of the pages lists the memory in each slot including size
and possibly other details.
Check your manual and/or contact the computer manufacturer for
details.

There are also 3rd party tools you can use to identify the
configuration of the computer.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"gursaran abott" wrote in
message ...

Old October 31st 07, 11:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gursaran abott[_2_]

hi
can you list me those third party tools
that would be helpful
thanks

Old October 31st 07, 11:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP[_2_]

www.crucial.com.. run their online scan

--
Mike Hall - MVP
Posting Productively.. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Old November 1st 07, 12:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dave T.[_2_]

gursaran abott wrote:
hi
how can i check how many memory cards are installed in my computer example -
if i have 1gb memory on my computer how can i check if i have two 512mb
installed or just one 1gb installed without messing up with the hardware i
dont want open up my computer and check the hardware. how can i know it from
the OS
please help
thanks
gursaran

With an HP running Vista, click on help and support, click on system
info. Everything you want to know is there. I have no way to know if
this is true of the Help files on other OEM's. Good luck.

--
"In my youth I stressed freedom, and in my old age I stress order. I
have made the great
Old November 1st 07, 12:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
User[_4_]

Try this app.....
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-16369.html

Just under the heading....
DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS FOR EVEREST HOME EDITION

All the best,
George

Old November 1st 07, 12:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gursaran abott[_2_]

hi
once i downloaded everest home edition it open in winrar what do from there
to check number of memory cards installed can you help me with that
thanks

Old November 1st 07, 06:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
User[_4_]

Hi

It opened in winrar?
Try the second link, it should be a Zip file. To see your memory, start the
program and click the + sign beside Computer to expand it, then click
Overclock. Look for Memory Modules and you should see what you have
installed.

All the best,
George